Dual-Channel Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier
The GoldMike Mk2 combines Class-A transistor with a tube preamplifier.
The transistor stage is composed of single transistors in a Class A design and works in series with a tube preamplification stage that provides 6dB to 18dB of tube gain for subtle to more obvious saturation effects.
- Discrete Class-A single transistor & tube preamps
- Tube drive in three different intensity levels
- Flair presence enhancement in two switchable settings
- Pre-output limiter stage (extremely fast diode-based operation, perfect for A/D converter protection)
- Polarity Reversal
- 48-volt phantom power
- VU metering with three different, switchable display ranges
- Front panel instrument input, separate rear-side microphone and line inputs
- Custom-made, fully discrete, Class A op-amps
- VU meters with two switchable calibrations
- All switch functions are handled by encapsulated relays with gold-plated contacts.
Therefore the print-board layout is symmetrically mirrored around the power supply in the center from channel 1 to channel 2.
This results in an identical signal flow to supporting a naturally balanced stereo image. Additionally the print-board provides extra-large ground areas maximizing the shielding against crosstalk and interference.
- ‹10Hz bis 90kHz (-3dB)
- Microphone, XLR: 2.8kOhm
- Line In, TRS: 10kOhm
- Instr. In TRS: 1mOhm
- Output impedance (XLR and TRS): 50Ohm
- Input level -30dBu, Gain 30dBu: 0.016 %
- Input level -40dBu, Gain 40dBu: 0.017 %
- Input level -50dBu, Gain 50dBu: 0.022 %
- Input level -60dBu, Gain 60dBu: 0.048 %
- Gain 30dB: -91.2dBu
- Gain 40dB: -86.6dBu
- Gain 50dB: -78.7dBu
- Gain 60dB: -69.3dBu
- Microphone, XLR: +7dBu
- Microphone, XLR +PAD: +28dBu
- Line In, TRS: +23dBu
- Instr. In TRS: +7dBu
- Instr. In TRS +PAD: +14dBu
- Balanced, XLR+ TRS +26.8dBu
- Unbalanced, XLR+ TRS +21.5dBu
- 1 kHz, Gain 30dB: ›75dB
- 10 kHz, Gain 30dB: ›75dB
- Power consumption: 25W
- WxHxD: 482 x 88 x 210mm; 19" x 3.46" x 8.27"
0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.