The Kultube is a stereo compressor with three specialties:
Compression is done by a custom-made discrete Class A gain cell instead of industrial VCAs, the unique Progressive Time Control (PTC) automatically optimizes Attack & Release and an adjustable tube saturation.
- Class-A Gain Cells
- Tube Saturation
- Progressive Time Control (PTC)
They ensure the highest level of musicality and clarity in signal processing and demonstrate significantly improved distortion values over VCAs.
PTC can be seen as an interactively controllable automation which is not based on fix presets but reacts to the audio material in a musically useful way.
Applications cover those of a classic compressor for vocals and instruments, in both mono and stereo, through stereo operation for subgroup processing to stereo mastering and multi-channel/surround projects.
- Stereo compressor with discrete, Class A gain components (instead of industrial VCAs)
- Single track or subgroup/summed signal processing in studio and live recording
- Stereo and multi-channel applications
- Adjustable tube saturation with automatic output level adjustment
- Selectable soft or hard knee characteristics
- Unique decompression mode
- Large VU meter displays gain reduction or (mono summed) output level
- Switchable side-chain inputs on the front panel
- Slave mode for multi-channel operation
Frequency response (100 kHz = -3 dB): 10 Hz-100 kHz
THD & N (at 0 dBu): > 83 dB
S/N (A-weighted): 90 dBu
Input impedance: 20 kOhm
Max. input level: +22 dBu
Max. output level: +24 dBu
Output impedance: = 50 Ohm
Common mode rejection (at 0 dBu):
1 kHz: > 75 dB
10 kHz: > 65 dB
Toroidal transformer: 30 VA
Fuses: 400 mA (230 V/50 Hz) / 800 mA (115 V/60 Hz)
Maximum power consumption: 40W
Standard-EIA-19 inch/2U housing
W x H x D: 482 x 88 x 210 mm; 19" x 3.46" x 8.27"
Weight: 4.3 kg, 9.5lbs
0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.