Speaker & Headphone Monitoring Controller
The 2Control is an excellent sounding compact monitor controller.
The Crossfeed makes the playback headphones sound as being played back on speakers. Your mixes on headphone translate better to speaker playback.
The advantages of an analog monitoring controller become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools™, Nuendo™, Cubase™, Logic™, Deck™, etc. Monitor levels and source management can be handled independently of the software and with virtually no loss in quality. In addition, you won’t have to worry about over- or underdriving the converters when changing monitor levels.
A new feature of the 2Control is the Crossfeed control for both headphone outputs, which was derived from the high-end headphone amplifier Phonitor. Headphones have the disadvantage of producing a super stereo image. The Crossfeed control corrects the stereo panorama. Based upon the imaging of a speaker set positioned on angle of 30 degrees, the crossfeed can be adjusted in a way to match the stereo imaging of the speakers. Whenever speaker monitoring may not be possible or if an monitoring alternative to speakers is required, the 2Control allows for mixes on headphones.
- Electronically balanced instrumentation amplifiers
- Input sockets: XLR
- Output sockets: XLR, Stereo TRS
- Nominal input level: IN 1: +4dBu, IN 2: +4dBu/-10dBV
- Input impedance: 22kOhm
- Output impedance: 75Ohm/Headphones: 22Ohm
- Max. input level: 21.3dBu
- Max. output level: 21.3dBu
- Volume control range: -80dB to +6.6dB
- Headphones: -65dB to +14.9dB
0dBu = 0,775V. Technische Änderungen vorbehalten.
- Frequency range: 10Hz to 100kHz (-3dB)
- CMRR: ›60dB (@1kHz, 0dBu input level, unity gain)
- THD&N: 0,002% (@1kHz, 0dBu input level, unity gain)
- Signal to noise ratio: -96dB/Headphones: -85dB (A-weighted)
- Crosstalk L/R: ›70dB (@1kHz)
- Dynamic range: 116dB
0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.
- Toroidal transformer with voltage selector
- Fuses (slow blow): 230V/50Hz: 315mA, 115V/60Hz: 630mA
- Power consumption: ca. 25W
- WxHxD: 215 x 80 x 220mm; 8.5" x 3.15" x 8.66"
- Depth w/ controls & sockets: 245mm; 9.65"
- Height w/ feet: 95mm; 3.74"
- Front height w/ opened feet: 126mm; 4.96"
- Weight: 2,1kg; 4.63lbs